Sleep eludes me. Every morning I wake up, resolving to sleep early in the night so that I don't have to go through the agony of dragging myself out of bed. However, when night comes, sleep is beyond me.
I know I am tired... physically... but mentally my mind is still working... going through the events in the day and worry over the things to come the next day... Of course this is uncalled for... I should quit worrying just so that the mind can rest... But how do you switch that off in your mind? Isn't it that the more you try to stop thinking about it.. the more you are thinking about it?
I am getting lesser and lesser sleep during weekdays. The duration of the sleep is getting shorter and it is often not well rested... I will be waking in the middle of the night, checking the time, or wondering what a weird dream I had.
After writing this I am going to try to sleep again... and I hope this time I will be able to slip into slumberland.

No comments:
Post a Comment