It is yet again a time for resolution making. It is the time where most of us will enthusiastically resolve to work on our ambitious goals, promise to change our undesirable habits, aspire for big dreams and hopefully for once live our lives.
A fresh beginning... that's what most of us want to have.. My colleague just candidly mentioned that if we start the first day wrong... it is such an unbecoming way to commerce the new year. I don't know what to make of it. I guess there is just too much pressure and expectations placed on one day.
A friend once mentioned that this year will be a year of changes. Some of us will be having new jobs, new roles and new challenges. A year where we will have to adjust, adapt and probably survive in a better way.
For me, I have been looking forward to this year. 2004 has brought many unhappy memories and difficulties. Challenges that I thought I will never live through, times when I had just wanted to quit and give up. Emotionally, it was a year I struggled and it definitely did not do any good to my esteem. I want (inspire) this year to be different. Though it will be a year of changes and adaptation, I will take them by the "horns".... at least I will do my best on it.
A new year, a new beginning.... I suppose that's how mankind have used that to renew and energise themselves. To give themselves the chance every year to get it right... and do it well... If they didn't make it the previous year, the new year gives the opportunity to start afresh and all over again.

No comments:
Post a Comment