Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Optimism and Realism

I realise whenever someone tells me about his/her problem or whatever that is troubling him/her, I do tend to "make light" of the issue. It isn't that I don't regard the feelings nor that I discount the person's concerns... It is just that I do want to consciously give an alternative side to any situations.
Very often when we approached a dark tunnel of our lives, don't we all want to know that there will be light at the end of it? Don't we all want to still have hope in the moments of despair? I like to give an optimistic view to things. Not that I am not perturb by issues, in fact they do affect me a lot, but I believe in focussing on what can be done... what else can be done. Dwelling on what cannot be done would only dampen and dishearten the soul... well at least in my opinion.
Perhaps in some sense, I am not recognising the reality of it all.... but so many times people have risen to the occasion because they still have a sense of idealism in them, still believe in their passion and dreams... when reality had shown otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment