Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sitting in Transit

I found myself sitting in the transit lounge alot lately.

Waiting for my next flight out.

That basically sums up my life lately too.

I am sitting in transit, waiting for my next flight out.

Sometimes life doesn't turn out the way we want. Sometimes things don't happen at the time we want. It is like as though the order of events are all mixed up, all confused and they are no longer aligned.

I remember once when I was delayed severely at an airport and I missed my connecting flight. My plans were completely messed up. The worst part? I can't blame anyone for it and I had to make the most out of the situation. Yet it is also times like this when one receives the unexpected.

I supposed very often we miss the things in front of us in our state of frustration. Frustrated that things did not go as planned, disappointed that things did not turn out as expected and feeling lost that suddenly we need to improvise or seek alternatives. Our emotions get ahead of us that we overlooked the little signs that may lead us to other opportunities and other blessings. Sometimes they are really just subtle signs to remind us if we really want what we seek.

Obstacles are like reminders... They remind us to stop and reflect... If what's ahead is really worth breaking our necks for (metaphorically speaking).

I have been sitting at this transit lounge on a few occasions. Each time, I took the return flight and go back to my starting point. Because each time, the future ahead looked daunting and dark. Because I only had such little faith of myself. Yet time and time again I find myself coming back to this lounge, asking the same question "What if".

Will I finally buck up my courage and take the next flight out? Or will I crawl back to my little hole?

Deep down I know this is my final chance. I can't keep chasing my tail and search for the answer of "what if" by staying at the same spot. I must go and search. Search within me, look beyond me, and reach above me.

The world is large, there will be something for me somewhere. As long as I have myself, I will not be lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment