Some nights ago, I was on my home and I happened to walk with this person next to me. For some reasons we were walking at the same pace, same speed and same path for a good 100m. Technically speaking, we are neighbours, but he is very much a stranger to me as I am to him. It strike me then that how rare it is to be walking with a stranger and at the same pace.
Five years ago, a guy friend once asked me about what I perceived marriage to be. I vividly remember that it was during one of those times when we had coffee together. I recalled saying that it is like 2 people walking their lives together.. not behind one another nor in front but side by side. His thoughts then were that it is almost impossible to find someone who can walk the same pace as you... walk in the same direction... Of course ideally you may find someone who is just like that... but if not does that mean that marriage is then beyond alot of us?
Not true I guess. This is where I thought if you can find someone who is willing to walk with you... slowing down when you are tired and you do likewise for him / her... sharing common destination or even willing to compromise (on both sides)... then I guess this marriage will last. How often we see dating couples holding hands walking together.... After tying the knot how many couples continued to do that? It was never easy to find someone who walked your life with you... It is often that the person is behind or in front of you... so if we do find one.... will we remember to hold his / her hand and continue to walk our lives together?
Monday, February 09, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

记得在美丽人生里,行动不方便的女主角常盘贵子对男主角木村拓哉说:‘對了,我想到自己的夢想了,我希望能和喜歡的人在一起,因為通常別人都是在自己的後面推我,但是如果是自己喜歡的人,希望他能夠走在自己旁邊...’
ReplyDelete嗯,真的希望你也能够走在我身边...