Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Till Death do us part

Death was on my mind today.... not because someone I knew died... but it was the reminder that death is often so near to us. I heard about a boy I know, who is 14 years old, who battled with cancer last year. He won the battle last year but today, I heard that it was found that he has a tumour in his brain and he is in the intensive care....

Death is not only for people who are old... sometimes he comes with ample notice... sometimes he crepts to us and catches us unaware... If there is anything that we take for granted in life... I think that would have to be our youth... We assume we have all the time in the world.. we assume there will always be a tomorrow.. we can always catch that dream, catch up with a friend, our familiy tomorrow, on another day... but how often are we sure that there will be a tomorrow?

I pray that there will be strength for both the boy and his family in this difficult time.. he is so young, he should have all the time and youth ahead of him...

No comments:

Post a Comment