I read someone's blog and I thought perhaps I could write something about what was written. He mentioned about fear of loving, fear of getting to know someone better as to quote "love changes expectations and expectations often fail". He felt that he's often giving more and others often fail his expectations.
I don't know. Do we feel like that all the time too? Do we even think about anything before loving someone or getting to know someone better? I ponder on it... and I looked within myself asking this question.. " Do I often put my feelings on a balance and would want the other person to put in the same?" Is it like that?
Someone once commented that for someone whose nick is lookbeforeuleap, I certainly don't think much before I plunge into anything new... I would like to say it is the same for love. I have never thought much about loving someone.. I just take the plunge. Needless to say, and probably foolish, I get hurt and disappointed quite often. However, does that mean I would weigh my odds before I love? No. I am quite sure of that. Perhaps in that case I am a poor gambler.. somehow the idea of associating love with gambling is rather crude... but I guess I am quite a risk taker with love. Perhaps romantically, I still believe that love conquers all. When there is love there is always hope and life.
I remembered when I was fifteen, someone once said "To love, you need to be loved". It need not be from the very person you love, it could be anyone but the idea is that you need to be nourished to have the capability to show love to someone else. Open the heart and there will be many possiblities. Is that what they call passion?
To my dear friend, I hope you will have the courage to love and to put your heart out and let others have a chance to love and be loved.

hey, perhaps we gotta read this post once again. :)
ReplyDelete