Sunday, May 08, 2005

The MRT ride again

Today, a sense of loss sank in. It is like I was on this MRT and I found a friend who was sharing the same cabin as me. We sat next to each other and we talked endlessly about our lives, our dreams and hopes. Then his station arrived and he got off. He has other plans, other dreams to pursue, as for me; I am continuing my ride on the train.

I am feeling a little sad that this has happened. But isn’t this how life always turned out to be? It is not that we have argued or disagreed but we have to move on to our separate ways; we will gradually drift apart. It is true that sometimes, people will reconnect and meet again, but then the situation would have changed… and often things will never be the same… and you can't always pick up where you left off...

Things and people can be gone in a fleeting of a moment. As much as we wish to hold them tight in our hands, they will still slip away... just like grains of sand. It isn't a bad thing, it is only a natural part to life.... learning to appreciate it is hard.... learning to embrace it is even harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment