Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Security Blanket

Linus reached out at the side of his bed, relieved to find his blanket still there. Linus doesn't go anywhere without his dependable blanket.
It kept him warm when he's cold. It kept him company when he had to sit on the bench in the park alone. It was there to protect and reassure him when he had to face the dark all by himself. It never judged him nor criticised him. It never made him feel for a moment he's not good enough.
Linus's blanket is not a fanciful blanket, neither is it a goose feather duvet. It is a simple, cotton, smelly blanket.... but it made him feel safe.

2 comments:

  1. Bravo !! Hahahaha.... I wanna a blanket too. I remember I had a smelly pillow when I was young. It comforted me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha.... don't we all... but I am sure you would want to BE someone's blanket too.. right? ;)

    ReplyDelete