Monday, May 30, 2005

Good Musing ~ Part 2

This is somewhat like a continuation from Marcpea's Good Musing....
It is definitely easier when you are just watching the world...and not being involved as a participant... when you are not emotionally affected by the things or incidents around you...
I guess it is human to be affected emotionally and hence an unpleasant incident may be magnified so much that it is THE worst thing that has ever happened... and therefore.. the worst period of your life..... thus overwriting all the goodness that has happened before and after... thus overlooking the many individuals who had helped to ease the situation.
It is like how we allow one person to spoil our day... when there have been 10 others whom we had pleasant encounters with in that same day.... but... yet we deem that day to be terrible because of ONE person. I used to get upset and down because someone said something unpleasant to me (I still do really)... and I allow myself to be affected and hurt by the remark.... and choose to ignore the many other affirmations that I received... Why do we like to see the worst and think only the worst has happened? Why do we not want to see that the glass is at least half full?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for making me see the good behind the bad :)

    ReplyDelete